Friday 19 August 2011

Baby Shower






My friends threw a fantastic Baby Shower for me at the weekend there. It was really lovely of them , they all put in a big effort and I had a great day. I also received lots of fantastic presents for the wee man when he puts in an appearance over the next few weeks. The theme of the party was 'Peter Pan'... quite fitting really seeing as I am mad on faeries, mermaids and pirates and also because I grew up in Kirriemuir, which is the birthplace of J.M.Barrie.
This was the first Baby Shower I had been to and it was my own, lol! I wouldn't really know where to start if I had been organising it. The girls put up lots of Peter Pan themed decorations, there was a tasty buffet and lots of homemade cakes and punch! We also played party games including Pass the Parcel, Crap Prize Raffle, and Baby Come Dine With Me. You're probably wondering 'What on earth...?' Baby Come Dine With Me involves getting lots of jars of baby food, removing the labels and then the players have to guess what flavour/recipe it is. It's actually a lot harder than it sounds and some of the food is just pure mingin, urgh! Poor babies, I think we're just gonna blend our own baby food when he gets to that age rather than buy that jarred stuff!

In Pass the Parcel every time you unwrapped a layer of wrapping paper there was mini prizes such as stickers and lollipops and also a quote to read out from Peter Pan. In Crap Prize Raffles there was a wonderful selection of prizes to win including a car air freshener, magic duster and even a turnip!
I hope this gives anybody who's planning on throwing a Baby Shower some good ideas. I had a great day which I would like to thank all my friends once again for that. It's good to know that my wee boy is gonna have lots of wonderful aunties looking out for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment