Monday 24 September 2012

Caelanzilla's Monster Birthday Bash

This weekend our little monster turned one! Can't believe a year has passed already, I don't know where the time has gone! I managed to pick up this little monster suit on Ebay for a couple of quid and it gave me the great idea to do a monster themed party!


I have been really busy for the last month so I didn't have any time to start organising anything until a week ago. After doing some research online, I came up with a master (monster) plan! If you fancy doing a monster themed party yourself, I highly recommend checking out Pinterest for some great ideas! Last week we had a little crafty session where we made some monster decorations, mainly monster feet made out of craft foam by my friend Lydia and a milk jug monster (which I nicknamed Chickenzilla) for which to keep sweets in! I found a great tutorial to make a milk jug monster here.


The next step was to make the Monstrous buffet. It was quite handy the wee man's Birthday being end of September as all the Halloween goodies are out in the shops. So loads of things like gummy eyeballs and body parts sweets etc. We had food such as cocktail sausages (monster toes), candy floss (monster fur) and jelly with body part sweets (monster goo). We even had monster punch which was made up of fruit juices & green food colouring and contained lychees (eyeballs) and a monster hand which was made from putting peach juice in a latex glove and freezing it overnight!


Last but not least there was the monster cake. I am going to put up a separate post detailing how I made that but have to say I'm quite proud of my first Birthday cake attempt.


So the day was a great success. We just invited close friends and family so it wasn't too overcrowded in our flat and everyone brought Caelan great presents. We were totally exhausted by the end of the day, although not too put off the idea of hosting a Pirate themed party next year. I will leave you with a picture of mummy monster, daddy monster and baby monster Caelanzilla!


No comments:

Post a Comment